Eastern Michigan University
Programs > Brochure
$ Study Abroad Experience Scholarship
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Study Abroad Experience Scholarship
Academic Programs Abroad believes that study abroad can be a transformative experience and a catalyst for personal growth and understanding. We are offering a need-based scholarship up to $500.00 to qualified applicants. This award will be applied toward the program fee of an approved Eastern Michigan University (EMU) Faculty-Led study abroad program. All EMU undergraduate students meeting the criteria are encouraged to apply. This award is not renewable.
To apply for this scholarship, you must
- Be enrolled as a degree-seeking undergraduate EMU student, with at least one EMU semester completed.
- Have a minimum 2.75 G.P.A. with a completion rate of at least 70%.
- Maintain good academic and judicial standing as outlined by the University Student Code of Conduct.
- Have a current FAFSA on file with Financial Aid.
- Must complete a study abroad related service project.
- Be in the process of applying to, or accepted for, an EMU Faculty-Led study abroad program.
Service Project Requirements
Recipients are required to design and carry out a Service Project for Academic Programs Abroad upon their return that helps to promote study abroad and global experience. This projects will give you chance to explain how you will give back to the community by inspiring others to pursue their own experiences abroad. Some examples to consider, but are NOT limited to:
- Create materials about your experiences that can be published by the University.
- Creating an outreach plan to market study abroad to the campus community.
- Present at the Undergraduate Symposium.
Failure to Fulfill Requirements
If recipients fail to fulfill these requirements and expectations, their award may be retroactively cancelled.